Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

New England Aquarium

I love the NE Aquarium because of the Penguins!!  I have only been once before {prior to living in MA} during one of my visits with Kris to see his Mom.  So with the weather being wonderful, Kris and I and his Mom decided we should take Nick!  Plus, we {Nick and I} are leaving for CA in a few days and we wanted to do something FUN with Daddy before we go! :)

Waiting for Dad and Nana to get the tickets

He LOVED this stingray outside ...still waiting for tickets (it was PACKED!)

Boston Harbor is behind Nick ...see that boat Codzilla ..oh yes, we will be tackling that SOON!
{ Codzilla is Boston's first and only high-speed thrill boat ride!}

Looking at some fishes

Loved them

LOVE my lil family!

haha LOVE drooly smiles :)

Daddy Nick and Nana

Nana and her bug at the top of the tank

WOW ...was his word as he saw the BIG turtle

PENGUINS!

Nick saying HI to the Penguins

Nick and Daddy at the touch tank ....didn't last long as he tried grabbing EVERYTHING  lol
I can't WAIT to take him to the Long Beach Aquarium in CA!  Although NE has the BEST Penguin exhibit, its really dark inside {as it can't be an outside aquarium due to snow in winter months} and Nick was not as interested in the exhibits that were not bright colored.  Plus, it was sooo crowded and they didn't have the sharks and stingrays out in the big tank (I forget why ...some bacteria I think) so the only sharks were in the touch tank :(  So I definitely think he will enjoy the LB one more!
But nonetheless, we had a GREAT day and enjoyed lunch at Legal Seafood's on the Harbor afterwards :)

No comments: