Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Catching Up!

How hectic life has been!!!! I am getting married in 10 weeks and 3 days and feel like there is so much left to do! Well, so many little things at least.

Its been a while since I have written anything so lets play a quick game of catch up:

  • Kris came to visit in January and we took our engagment pictures, our friends threw us an engagement party and the weekend went by to fast! He was then back off to Boston =( The weekends always go by so fast when he visits.
  • About the end of Jan/beginning of Feb, I ended up in the ER with MRIs and CT Scans.....still unsure of what it is, but I am thinking the stress of everything is just giving me bad migraines. (Even though they say its impossible to start having them at my age.....but hey, what do Drs know!) So about a month later I finally feel better!!!
  • My parents and I flew my brother Gerry home for the weekend and it was very good to see him! He seems to be liking BYU. We went and got Gerry and my lil brother Nick fitted for their tuxes and they looked absolutely handsome!
  • Valentines Day was a very busy day for me. As mentioned above it was the day we went and got my brothers fitted for their tuxes, went with Dallas to see family that was in town she hadn't seen in a while and just kept it pretty mellow. I was also on call for work so I had to deal with patients calling every 5 min needing something. Being on call 24 hours a day gets very stressful and overwhelming. Luckily in the midst of all the chaos that day, I rec'd 2 dozen of white, pink and red tulips at my door from Kris. Tulips are my absolute favorite! Kris is the best!! He can always make me stop and smile no matter how crazy the day gets.
  • Then last weekend I went with my parents and my sister Mia to the Hyatt to figure out some loose odds and ends and then we did the food tasting. It was a lot of fun! There was so much food and they had special menus printed out for me with all of the dishes I had chosen to try.

Ok so now we are pretty much caught up! So monday Angie (MOH) and I decide to go see if her dress is in and order the flower girl dress. It was a dress I had picked out in August and found a matching flower girl basket and pillow for the rings and everything was PERFECT. Notice the WAS PERFECT. We get there and they tell us we cannot order the dress until May 5th now and it takes 6 weeks to come in. Um problem....I'm getting married May 9th!! So for the last 2 days we have been to every bridal store around the area with no luck of a dress that is somewhat close to the style OR colors of the dress I picked out. I need something Ivory/Champage or Ivory/Latte. Anyone have any ideas????? You would be surprised how hard it is to find even a cute plain Ivory color dress. They are all white!!

I have also learned that Wedding + Kittens = NO SLEEP! Not only have I not been sleeping well because I cant stop thinking of wedding ideas, I have 2 cats that are driving me insane! I went and got Mufasa (the male-who is as big as a lion!!) fixed yesterday. My poor little baby! He didn't seem as drugged up as I thought he would be, but as soon as he'd get the pain meds, he would lay down and sleep. So I let him sleep in the bed with me last night and he didnt bother me. His sister on the other hand is being quite the pain! She has started hissing at him and is trying to pick fights with him and was jumping all over me last night, which kept me awake. UGH, if its not one its the other. She went from being the good little quiet one to the BUCKWILD one!

Im exhausted!!!


4 comments:

Tasha said...

Hello! So fun to find your blog. It sounds like you have been pretty busy and stressed. Good luck as you continue wedding plans. Pretty fun that the big day is almost here. I am sure you are excited and stressed all at the same time.

Anneke said...

Yes I am very stressed!! But so excited! Nervous about moving to Boston, but if all goes well, we might stay in Cali. =)

Vauri said...

I didn't know you had a blog, how fun! I can't believe your getting married soon! Thats so exciting! Owen LOVES all the animals at the aqurium but he really is into touching the sting rays. He usually gets totally wet but he loves it!

Anneke said...

HAHA How cute!!! I think we need to make another trip to the aquarium!! I love that place!